(A) Registration Requirements for doctors trained in Kenya
The following documents should accompany all applications:
- A certified copy of original degree certificate, attested by any one of the following persons:
- the Board’s Chief Executive Officer;
- a registered medical or dental practitioner;
- an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya; and
- a Magistrate;
- Relevant testimonials;
- A duly completed prescribed form;
- Current passport size photograph;
- A copy of the National Identity Card/Passport; and
- Prescribed fees.
(B) Registration Requirements for doctors trained outside Kenya
The following documents shall accompany all applications for practitioners trained outside Kenya:
- A certified copy of a valid registration certificate issued in the country of qualification;
- A certified copy of a certificate of good standing or a similar document issued during the preceding three (3) months by the registering authority in the country where a person was working and/or studying;
- A certified copy of the original degree certificate;
- Certified true copies of English translations of all documents presented, if indicated;
- Relevant testimonials together with relevant English translations;
- The prescribed fee;
- Current passport size photo;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of proficiency in English or Kiswahili.
(C) Area of Practice
The registration qualifies the practitioner to practice in any part of the Republic in accordance with section 14 of the Act.
(D) Annual Retention
Retention of the practitioner in the register shall be done upon compliance with the requirements under the Act including CPD requirements and payment of the prescribed fees.