REGISTRATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
Doctors and dentists aspiring to practice in Kenya must comply with the statutory requirements for registration and licensing. Failure to obtain the necessary documentations constitutes an offence under section 22 of the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Act. Detailed information on documentation can be accessed via the Board’s website and from the Board’s offices.
(A) Who is eligible?
- Doctors and dentists who have been trained in Kenya and have successfully completed internship;
- Doctors and dentists who qualify for Reciprocal recognition as prescribed within the East African Community (EAC) Partner states;
- Doctors and dentists who have passed internship qualifying examinations and successfully undertaken internship;
- Doctors and dentists who have passed Pre-registration Examinations;
- Doctors and dentists who have attained the basic minimum requirements for admission to the public universities in Kenya for the same degree and have qualified from medical schools outside the EAC and have passed the Board’s Assessment procedures as provided for in the Medical Practitioners and Dentists (Registration, Licensing, Assessment and Internship) Rules under the Act.
- Registration requirements for Medical & Dental Practitioners
- Registration requirements for Medical & Dental Institutions
- Registration requirements for Internship Training Centres
- Internship requirements for Medical & Dental Practitioners
- Temporary Licence for Foreign Doctors
- Licensing requirements for Medical & Dental Practitioners